Monday, December 29, 2008

December 29, 2008

The Duschanbe Tea House, Boulder
My oasis in the midst of a snowy winter!
This is a tea house, built (hand carved and painted) for Boulder by our sister city in Tajikstan. We gave them a cyber cafe to return the favor.
This place features gorgeous and
rare teas and a menu filled with lots of yummy food.
Its the first place I ate at when I came to visit Boulder. After a good meal, I said, "That's it. I am moving here." Five years later, I now take my son here for breakfast.
Question of the day:
What is your oasis in your town??

5 comments:

SH -ic said...

oh i want to be there .. hello from cold germany

Tanya Breese said...

Oh this is gorgeous!

Ineke said...

Looks very cosy indeed

Marie-Noyale said...

A lucky little boy to enjoy his breakfast in such a place!!!

Unknown said...

This place looks gorgeous!!! The ceilings make me remind of some fantastic places I've been in India and Tibet... I can see why you consider this tea room your oasis.