Friday, March 13, 2009

March 13, 2009








The Great Stupa, Shambhala Mountain Center

near Red Feather Lakes, CO.

(this picture is from last Fall but I wanted to feature it here.)
My son and I drove the 2 hours from Boulder, into the mountains, to this peaceful and zen Buddhist center. We spent an entire afternoon walking the grounds, sitting inside the Stupa meditating and walking the circumference (clockwise) in order to see the intricate carvings of the building. Much of the work was done by one man by hand! My son was 2-1/2 at the time, a squirmy age, but I was amazed at how he seemed to understand that this was a place to be quiet and listen.

Here is to a Peaceful weekend to All!!!










3 comments:

magiceye said...

such a lovely place to sit in sheer solitude! lovely!

gogouci said...

Beautiful structure. Not exactly what I'd expect to see in that rural setting. I find Buddhist temples fascinating.

Unknown said...

Wow! For a moment I thought I was visiting Nepal again! :-)